SECTION 5 – SPORTPONIES
Sunday, September 15th, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Director: Chelsea Smith
Committee: Kristine Duncan, Jane Richardson, & Paul Richardson
Judge: Janet Rowe
Entry Fee – 15 % of Prize money won
Entries due to the Brampton Fair office on or before September 12th, 2019. All post entries will be charged a $10.00 administration fee. Entries can be mailed to Brampton Fair, 12942 Heart Lake Road,
Note: All exhibitors must pay $5.00 membership fee to Region of Peel Agricultural Society.
Ribbons awarded to fifth place.
2019 SPORTPONY STARSEARCH QUALIFIER
Sponsored by Denworth Equine Management, Sherri Whitworth – Denouden & Jeremy Denouden
This division is open to any pony meeting the sportpony criteria. i.e. hunter, jumper, driving, eventing, etc. The first place in each of the six (6) in hand classes at the qualifying shows are eligible to enter to qualify for the SPORTPONY STARSEARCH CHALLENGE CUP, held at the Royal Winter Fair in November 2019. Both under saddle classes also qualify for each respective class. Ponies MUST measure 14.2 hands or under. Passport and registration are not necessary to participate. General EC rules for sporthorses will apply.
Adults CAN ride a pony. Stallions may NOT be handled or ridden by children at the Royal Winter Fair, but may be at the qualifying shows discretion. At Brampton Fair Juniors may NOT show stallions.
If the first place pony has already qualified at a previous show in 2019 then the second pace pony becomes the qualifier. Once qualified a pony may still show at any of the qualifying shows. A list of shows can be viewed at www.royalfair.org.
At the Royal the SPORTPONY STARSEARCH winner will be awarded the perpetual MORTON SPORTPONY CHALLENGE CUP and a silver keeper plate. Our sponsors, DENWORTH EQUINE MANAGEMENT - Sherri Whitrworth-Denouden and Jeremy Denouden, award each qualifier with a ribbon throughout the year & $1000.00 in prize money to the Starsearch Champion Class at the 2019 Royal Winter Fair.
Classes 1 to 3, 5 to 7 – 1st - $12.00, 2nd - $10.00, 3rd - $8.00, 4th - $6.00, 5th - $4.00
Classes 4, 8 & 9 – Ribbon only
Classes 10 to 12 – 1st - $25.00, 2nd - $20.00, 3rd - $15.00, 4th - $10.00, 5th - $10.00
- Foal of current year
- Yearling – colt, filly or gelding
- Two year old – colt, filly or gelding
- Junior Champion & Reserve (eligible are 1st and 2nd place of classes 1, 2 & 3)
- Mare – Three years and over
- Gelding – Three years and over
- Stallion – Three years and over
- Senior Champion & Reserve (eligible are 1st and 2nd place of classes 5, 6 &7)
- Grand and Reserve Grand Champion (eligible are Junior and Reserve Champion and Senior and Reserve Champion ) Champion Ribbon sponsored by Morton Stables.
(Juniors may not show stallions)
10. Hunter suitability under saddle. Three years and over – mare, stallion or gelding
11. Dressage suitability under saddle . Three years & over – mare, stallion or gelding
12. Equitation under saddle. Open to any age rider. (not a qualifying class)