SECTION 30 - JUNIOR ART
Convenor: Joyce Tindale 905-457-1090
Associates: Vicky Albrecht 647-994-9025
Caylei Tindale, Robin Tindale & Zoe Tindale
NOTE: Classes 1-5 are to be 9” x 12” (23 cm by 30 cm) in size or less unless otherwise stated. Classes 6 & 7 are not to exceed 18" x 24" and prefer mounted on Bristol board or similar.
Classes 1 to 7 – 1st - $4.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00, 4th - $1.00
Special A – as listed
Specials B, C & D – 1st - $10.00, 2nd - $5.00, 3rd - $3.00, 4th - $2.00
- 4 yrs & under – “ A painting” – ( can be sponge, finger, etc.)
- 6 yrs & under – Draw or paint ( any medium) your favourite animal(s)
- 8 yrs & under – Design a “Pie” (for a theme – “Homemade Pies”) (use imagination) - can embellish
- 10 yrs & under – Design your favourite “Disney” Character or “Animated” Character – can be 3D – if so, do not exceed 8” high or 5” wide
- 12 yrs & under – Create an Emoji character that symbolizes our fair theme - "Homemade Pies & Family Ties"
- 16 yrs & under – Design or create - any form or family theme in some way creatively - can create a symbol - e.g. peace, heart linking, animals in group, etc. - Be Creative
- 18 yrs & under – Any media, any painting, chalk, pencil, etc. drawing or creation. Note sizes above. - Show us your TALENT!!
- Special : An Art Prize will be given to one winner donated and sponsored by Vicky Albrecht . Sponsors Choice from entries in classes 1 to 7.
- Special – Junior Poster Competition –“Original Hand Made Design” – Entries for youth up to and including Grade 4 (See Entry rules below)
- Special - Intermediate Poster Competition - "Original Hand Made Design" - Entries for youth Grades 5 to 8 inclusive (See Entry rules below)
- Special - Senior Poster Competition -"Original Hand Made Design" - Entries for youth Grades 9 to 12 inclusive (See Entry rules below)
Entry Rules for Specials B, C & D - Junior, Intermediate & Senior Poster Competitions
- Theme “Promoting Your Fair” – Name & date of fair to be clearly shown on poster.
- Must be hand drawn.
- Poster size: Minimum – approximately 22 cm x 28 cm , without border and Maximum – approximately 28 cm x 44 cm, without border
- Each entry must be centred on CARDSTOCK or BRISTOL BOARD exposing a 5.5 cm boarder on all four sides.
- Name of fair, contact person & complete mailing address must be clearly labeled on the back of each entry.
- The winning poster from the fair will be eligible to enter the district competition. District winners are eligible to enter at the provincial competition.
- Entries will be judged on:
- Overall appearance – 50 pts.
- Hand drawn – 35 pts
- OAAS Criteria -size, material, theme– 15 pts