SECTION 35 – SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN
Convenor: Ann Baptist
Associates: Sandy Fogarty, Carol MacDonald, Heather Kopas, Jill Watkins & Dale Zatylny
- All work must be original and completed by the student.
- All work must be 22 cm x 28 cm (8 ½” x 11”) unless otherwise stated
- Due to space limitations, we must limit entries to 10 per classroom.
Classes 1 to 23 – 1st - $5.00, 2nd - $3.00, 3rd - $2.00, 4th - $1.00
Specials A to E – 1st - $8.00, 2nd - $6.00, 3rd - $4.00, 4th - $2.00
- A collage of healthy food.
- Make a pattern using geometric shapes (approx 15 cm x 45 cm)
3. Dress yourself on a cut out shape using different texture materials.
4. My house on a medium recycled cereal box.
5. Graph of at least five different desserts in your classroom.
6. A Ted Harrison painting.
7. Geometric shaped monster.
8. Create a pizza pie.
9. Decorate a tie using line design.
10. Draw two family members doing their favourite activity.
11. 3-D Totem pole
12. A recycling poster
13. A 3-D dessert (i.e. cupcake, sundae, etc.)
14. Trace your hand and decorate it with henna designs.
15. One tree showing 4 seasons.
16. Native art. Select a native animal (i.e. whale, eagle, wolf) decorated in the native art technique.
17. Draw a running shoe and decorate it.
Grade 6, 7 and 8
18. Monochromatic picutre (Using shades of one colour)
19. Using a magazine face, cut it in half and complete the picture.
French - Grade 4 and under
20. Draw an label at least 10 healthy foods.
21. Draw two of your favourite seasons and tell what you like to do in each.
French - Grade 8 and under
22. A puppet animal. Write three sentences about it on the back of your work.
23. Draw your bedroom and label at least 15 items in your room.
Specials are sponsored by David Wilmot
- Special: Grade 2 & under – A collage of rural and urban things each on one half of paper.
- Special: Grade 4 & under – Create a diorama showing an animal in its habitat.
- Special: Grade 6 & under – A family crest divided into 4 sections to describe your family.
- Special: Grade 6 & under – A pop up card for a family member.
- Special: Grade 8 & under – A torn paper portrait.
- Special: Grade 8 & under - 2-D art giving an illusion of 3-D